As per Spanish publication Mundo Deportivo, FIFA are trying out a new football system that could change the game we love.
Here are their new proposed rules:
1) 2 halves with 30 minutes each. Of course, right now, all games consist of a 45-minute half.
2) The game clock stops when the ball goes out of play - this system is currently used by the NBA (basketball) and could see the end of time-wasting when the ball isn't in play.
3) Unlimited substitutions will be available to coaches.
4) Throw-ins will be played with feet rather than hands, making them kick-ins.
5) 5-minute suspension for a yellow card, which would see a player exit the game until the penalty time is up.
This new system is currently being used in a youth competition called Future Of Football Cup as an experiment.
There's no confirmation right now regarding if these changes will be made official soon, but it is something to keep an eye out for.
What do you think about these proposed changes? Share your opinion down below!