- The Brazilian is still suing the club.
- Previous reports claimed Ney wasn't required to be present.
- Nonetheless, the winger arrived in Catalonia for the hearing.
- The 27-year-old wants to receive €44m from Blaugrana.
Following the reports regarding Neymar's ongoing court case against our club, Mundo Deportivo deliver another update. Neymar has arrived in Barcelona, where the hearing is set to take place on Friday, September 27.
The same report claims that the Brazilian will testify in court. The hearing was initially planned for January 31 but has been postponed several times as Paris Saint-Germain refused to provide the documentation requested by Blaugrana.
Here's a brief explainer of the whole saga:
- Back in 2017, Neymar signed a new contract at Barca and was entitled to a €44m bonus.
- The Catalans paid only a part of the bonus (€20m) before the Brazilian left for Paris Saint-Germain.
What do the parties want?
- The 27-year-old wants to receive the €44m in full plus interest.
- Barca want Ney to return a percentage of the €20m.
Besides the player himself, Neymar Sr. is also expected to be present. Barca's president Josep Bartomeu might also attend the hearing, Diario Sport claim.