Before his departure, Eric Abidal had contacted the left-back's agent Mendes over the potential move as the 19-year-old enjoyed a breakthrough campaign.
- Angers' left-back Rayan Ait-Nouri was chosen by Eric Abidal as one of the candidates to provide more competition for Jordi Alba, L'Equipe reveal.
- The club's former sporting director even got in touch with the starlet's agent Jorge Mendes who also represents several Barcelona stars.
- Yet, the potential transfer is now in danger following Abidal's departure from the Catalan club which was confirmed last week.
- Ait-Nouri have other options with Wolverhampton, Crystal Palace and Atletico Madrid named as potential suitors.
- Moreover, the starlet reportedly visited Real Madrid's training facilities the other day.
- The 19-year-old enjoyed a breakthrough campaign, contributing three assists in 17 Ligue 1 games.
- His price could be too high for Barca given his tender age as Angers are asking for €30m for Ait-Nouri.
Liverpool legend Carragher names one Blaugrana 'player of the tournament so far' - he's yet to finish first game