The Liverpool manager in the making?
- On saturday, Rangers, led by manager Steven Gerrard, hammered Dundee United 4-0 at home to stay top of the Scottish Premiership.
- This game ended up being a special occasion because of the fact that it was Rangers' seventh consecutive clean sheet from the start of the campaign.
- This means they have just broken a 114-year Scottish record (as well as the English one set by Chelsea in 2005).
- They need to keep opponents at bay in two more games to equal European record set by Ajax in 1994.
- The world record belongs to Tunisian side Esperance: 20 years ago, they began their campaign with 10 clean sheets in a row.
- It means that Rangers will have to keep clean sheets against Hibs, Motherwell and Ross County to match the world record - but Steven Gerrard would care more about breaking Celtic's 9-year dominance in the league.
Source: Glasgow Live
Steven Gerrard's Istanbul and 4 more times football stars showed their warrior spirit – and fans loved it