- Fans still have a lot of questions regarding the resumption of football.
- Sky Sports asked them what is the biggest barrier right now for the leagues to overcome before football returns.
- According to them, the biggest issue right now is when players can start coming in physical contact with another.
Although La Liga plans to resume sometime around mid-June, there are a lot of unanswered questions that remain key to the return of football.
According to Sky Sports, the biggest unresolved issue is that nobody can yet say when players can come into contact with other players and, by default, that will delay the resumption of games.
Physical contact is as much a part of the beautiful game as goals and assists are - try and imagine a game of football going on for 90 minutes without players coming into contact with one another.
The report by Sky Sports adds these questions still remain unresolved:
- Who will give the green light to physical contact and diminish the concerns of players?
- How is contact defined, in terms of risk?
- What about players with underlying health conditions?
- What about the impact of a number of positive tests at clubs?
Unless and until the government green-lights plans to move to step 2 of training, which is training in groups with physical contact allowed, football will keep on getting delayed.
It remains to be seen how this situation develops and how the league plans on dealing with these issues.