Free signings can be great too.
Now a couple of words on each player in the starting XI.
- Gianluigi Donnarumma (AC Milan): Italy's most promising goalkeeper, secured 77 clean sheets in 214 appearances for Milan. And yes, he's just 21.
- Juan Bernat (PSG): A decent left-back who could cover the whole wing; may be past his prime, however.
- David Alaba (Bayern Munich): Real Madrid's rumoured target; his huge wages could be a stumbling block but he reportedly wants to leave Bayern whatever it takes.
- Jerome Boateng (Bayern Munich): An experienced player who's no longer at his best.
- Sergio Ramos (Real Madrid): More likely to sign a new deal with Madrid than leave.
- Georginio Wijnaldum (Liverpool): May be helpful as a Casemiro substitute, covers three positions from defensive midfield to attacking midfield.
- Luka Modric (Real Madrid): Just like Ramos, expected to renew his Madrid deal, so his exit is unlikely.
- Angel di Maria (PSG): Still wonderful in terms of creating chances, played at Madrid between 2010 and 2014.
- Memphis Depay (Lyon): Barcelona's priority target; said to be available for just €25m since his contract expires in July 2021.
- Sergio Aguero (Man City): Still a deadly striker despite his age, yet too injury-prone.
- Lionel Messi (Barcelona): Expected to sign a new deal with Barca when the new board comes, but other options are still on the table.
❓ Who'd you sign for Real Madrid for 2021/22 season?