Renowned Belgian journalist strongly DENIES rumours linking Madrid with Hazard
- English press reported earlier on Sunday that Los Blancos prepare a huge £150m bid for Chelsea midfielder
- However, fellow Belgian reporter insists the rumours are 'fake news'
Renowned Belgian journalist Kristof Terreur, who covered Thibaut Courtois' arrival at the Santiago Bernabeu stadium, has strongly denied the recently emerged rumours linking Real Madrid with another Chelsea star and Belgium international, Eden Hazard.
According to Sunday Express, Los Blancos were allegedly preparing a £150m offer for the midfielder, however, Terreur believes Madrid don't want to spend so much money on Hazard. Moreover, the player himself isn't pushing for a move, unlike fellow Belgian Courtois who has even tipped his countryman to join him at the Bernabeu during the presentation.
Are they?— Kristof Terreur 📰 (@HLNinEngeland) August 12, 2018
✔️Real Madrid know that Chelsea weren’t open for negotiations all summer
✔️Real didn’t want to overspend
✔️Real know that Hazard didn’t want to push for a move
✔️ Why would a club sell a player when they can’t sign a replacement?
I would be suprised.#cfc https://t.co/VXzwRHWIVU
Finally, Chelsea coach Maurizio Sarri is hopeful Hazard will sign a new deal. He said at his press conference after the league opener against Huddersfield as quoted by Sky: ''Hazard is with us. He's not a problem. He never said something about the market. I think he is very happy to stay here. I think the new contract will be no problem.''
Should Real Madrid push for Hazard's move?