📣 Fan Voice: Our users decide whether Zidane is right to exclude Mariano
- Mariano was missing during Zidane's first matches since returning.
- The striker was once again not on the squad list for Leganes.
- We wanted to ask you if the manager is making a mistake by benching Diaz.
- The majority believes in Zinedine and won't argue with his choices.
Lyon manager Bruno Genesio coached Mariano Diaz before his transfer to Real Madrid. The French side's manager expressed his approval of the forward's choice and wished him more playing time in an interview with MARCA:
"For him, going to Real Madrid was an opportunity after a great season with us. He chose a little with his heart. It's a shame he doesn't play. In any case, he still has the second half [the interview was taken in early 2019] of the season to consolidate [himself in the squad] and to show his qualities as a scorer. Last year, he did a lot for us."
Since then, Mariano didn't really have a chance to impress as Zinedine Zidane keeps betting on Karim Benzema and benching Diaz time after time. Even against Leganes, the manager chose to keep the striker out of the squad list.
Did YOU agree with Zidane? Let's find out.
- 56% trust Zinedine's judgement.
- 20% want Mariano to play more.
- Another 20% thought that maybe we don't know something.
- 5% are sick and tired of Benzema.
What did you vote for?