Lille president confirms summer departure for Madrid linked Pépé
- Nicolas Pépé has recently been linked with a move to Santiago Bernabeu.
- Gerard Lopez has confirmed the winger will leave the club this summer if the right offer arrives.
- Chelsea and Man United are also in a race for the Ivorian.
"Four or five players will be leaving this summer. The departure of Nicolas Pépé is certain,” Lopez told Telefoot.
“He enters a price range that can not be refused any more. He will have the choice.”
The right-winger is enduring a breakthrough season at LOSC Lille who currently sit in the second place in the Ligue 1 and have all but secured the Champions League football for the next term.
Nicolas Pepe with a goal & two assist against PSG!— FootballTalentScout (@FtblTalentScout) April 14, 2019
Nicolas in Ligue 1 this season:
⛔️6 penalties won
Sky is the limit for him. Amazing player. pic.twitter.com/e1cxE7TEWN
Pépé joined the Great Danes from SCO Angers in the summer of 2017 for a €10 million fee. The 23-year-old, who has scored 20 goals and provided 12 assists in 36 games across all competitions, is a genuine winger but could also be used as a striker.
The Ivorian's current deal with Lille runs out in 2022, therefore, Real Madrid, as well as the likes of United and Chelsea, would have to spend around €80 to scoop him from Stade Pierre-Mauroy.
'We'd love to keep him but at €80m, we could sell,'' said the club's sporting director Luis Campos earlier this season.
Would you welcome Pépé at the Bernabeu instead of Bale?