Profiling one of Madrid's red-hot targets, Nicolas Pepe
- The 23-year-old Lille winger has been in the limelight of a number of European top clubs
- Real Madrid are one of the interested parties
According to the numerous reports, Madrid are keeping close tabs on Lille in-form striker, Nicolas Pepe. The Ivory Coast international is the main candidate to play alongside Benzema next season and his goal-scoring prowess is truly awe-inspiring.
But what do we know about the 23-year-old talent?
• Pepe is a French-born Ivorian
• He started his career in the lower leagues of French football
• Nicolas earned a transfer to Angers, Ligue 2 regulars in 2013
• He had his professional debut in November 2014 vs Ligue 2 side, Ajaccio
• Nicolas earned his first international cap in November 2016
• He signed a five-year deal with Lille in the summer of 2017 for a reported fee of £10m
• Only Mbappe has more goals than Pepe in Ligue 1 this season
Christoph Galtier, Lille's manager believes Nicolas will go on to become a world-class player and for a reason, too:
“He amazes me, he amazes us,”
“He’s certain to become a world class player because he knows how to do everything. He doesn’t need an intermediate step. After the great season he’s having with us, he can go straight to a Champions League club.”