'Why we won't win anything next season': Madrid fan with furious rant ahead of 2019/20
- An inside from a Reddit user and Real Madrid supporter u/FNFALAFIL in the next season is more than alarming.
- The fan thinks that putting faith in Benzema back when we could've signed Mbappe is something that's going to become an even more apparent mistake.
- He also doesn't see Zidane as the right man for leading the Real Madrid revolution.
- Finally, the user criticises our transfer policy and compares it to Barcelona who are much more prolific in that matter.
"I apologise in advance for the incoming flurry of verbal diarrhoea but I'm pissed about where we are heading, and I'm genuinely worried about our future, as a club-especially in the short term," began the distressed supporter.
"First off, I want to talk about our transfer windows and compare them with Barca's.
"After the 2016/17 season, we completed a historic season winning the CL and league for the first time since the '60s. Everybody was happy and celebrating but there was one common consensus among fans at the time: Benzema was declining.
"Despite our fantastic season, our starting striker and beloved Frenchman was clearly regressing and was at times in the season outperformed by Morata (who many wanted to replace Benzema in the line-up).
"However, it seemed like we were extremely lucky because a young 18-year-old Mbappe was tearing up the French league and the CL. It seemed like destiny for us to sign him. He was the perfect signing for many reasons:
1. He was a fantastic versatile player that could cover the striker and right wing position, which happened to be occupied by Benz (who was declining) and Bale (who is constantly injured and was injured for almost the whole of 2016/17).
2. He fit in with our project of buying young promising players.
"It seemed like a foolproof choice, and many reported it to be a done deal until PSG signed him. There were reports that Zidane prefered Benzema to Mbappe, and he wasn't willing to give up the spot to the young Frenchman. But after the failure of the transfer, all of a sudden it was said that RM did not want to break the wage structure...
"This leads me to my second point: Zidane.
"Zidane is a fantastic and legendary manager. However, he has some worrying traits that do not inspire confidence:
1. He is constantly tactically outplayed especially in league games.
2. He does not develop youth players effectively.
3. He is extremely stubborn with his choice of players and is unwilling to play players that straight up outperformed veterans over the season such as Reguilon and Llorente.
"I really think he is the wrong choice for our rebuild. Perez should have waited until the summer and hired a manager suited to our project which is promising youth, and there were 2 perfect managers for that role available:
2. Erik Ten Hag.
"Both of these managers are excellent at developing young players and employ attractive football-a perfect fit for our young promising squad.
"Now let's move on to the 2017/18 transfer window: we just came off of a horrible domestic season. We sell the GOAT [Ronaldo] and replace him with a f**king goalkeeper (that we didn't even need) and ignoring blatantly obvious issues such as goalscoring. Surprise, surprise; our attack was absolute s**te. And we were toothless in every game.
"Barca: By now have signed Dembele, Coutinho, Vidal, Lenglet, Arthur, and Malcom. They have strengthened an already league winning squad.
"And they now have signed Griezmann, De Ligt, and De Jong (also Todibo). This is insanity. They have won the league and reached the semi-final of the CL and STILL improve their squad while we did f**k all. We have let out rivals completely overtake us because of Perez and his complacency. And we are stuck with Lucas Vazquez and Asensio (who have 2 league goals over 3700 minutes).
"So my fellow Madridistas, prepare for a long and gruelling season because there's no way in hell we catch up with our rivals in the foreseeable future, not until Messi retires anyway," concluded the concerned fan.
Do you agree with this supporter?