Why Real Madrid will be busy sorting out LB situation explained in 4 one-liners
- The arrival of Ferland Mendy will shake things up for Blancos.
- Real Madrid have 5 left-backs, some will have to leave, some probably brought back.
Olympique Lyon revelation Ferland Mendy has finally completed his Madrid move after completing medical tests today.
The move has allegedly been completed for a €48m fee + €5m variables. His contract will run until 2025.
And while this move is another cause for celebrations, let's take a look at what does the future hold in store for the remaining Madrid defenders:
- Marcelo will likely be retained at Real Madrid for a couple of seasons more, while Sergio Reguilon is away on loan;
- On the other hand, the 22-year-old Reguilon has had an impressive season by itself, so he's likely to be loaned out to a top-level club - his progress is thus imminent;
- Another possible option is to let 31-year-old Marcelo go on a loan deal, while keeping Reguilon. Sergio has already proven being a real deal and is able to perform under pressure;
- Theo Hernandez and Achraf Hakimi are Madrid's current loanees who could be returned in case things turn sour (injuries, disqualifications).
How will the left-back situation play out in your opinion?