5 key observations from Madrid's 21-man squad for Galatasaray game
Zinedine Zidane has omitted several key players from his travelling squad - Bale, Modric and, surprisingly, Vazquez. Kroos, meanwhile, has made the cut and so did Carvajal, who was rested for Mallorca game.
- The case of Modric looks pretty obvious - Croatia international has been diagnosed with a contusion to his right quadriceps and will not be able to help the team for a while.
- Vazquez, who suffered from muscle discomfort in his right leg trained today with the team at Valdebebas and looked ready for any contention. Zidane, however, apparently decided to drop the winger for Rodrygo Goes.
- The case of Gareth Bale is a curious one - Wales international spent the whole week training indoors with the alleged injury, but the club haven't issued any medical report or anything similar.
- Toni Kroos, who has been diagnosed with an abductor injury made the cut and will travel with the rest of the team to Istanbul.
- Dani Carvajal was rested for Mallorca game and got deservedly picked up for the Galatasaray game.
Isco wasn't himself against Mallorca but he always delivers, when needed: