2 UCL episodes in 7 images proving Ronaldo misses Real Madrid at Juventus
Compare Cristiano Ronaldo's interplay with Juventus' Sami Khedira against Lokomotiv Moscow this week to a very similar one with Dani Carvajal back in 2017.
The ex-Madrid player was ordered to leave the pitch by Mauricio Sarri with the game hanging in balance at 1-1. Wouldn't happen at Real Madrid, right?
However, there was another particular moment we wanted to dissect. The reason why? It took us back to the 2016-2017 Champions League final against the Serie A champions. Cristiano looked much more lively back then.
1. The Portuguese tries to create an attacking situation with another ex-Blanco Sami Khedira being too slow to see Ronaldo's idea and make a fast dash down the right wing.
2. The pass is given. However, Sami is way too late to receive it with the Lokomotiv player ready to intercept.
3. Expectedly, he does. Cristiano watching in distress from a distance with memories about Dani Carvajal's pinpoint passes coming to mind.
To understand Ronaldo's disappointment with his current teammate, we need to take everyone back to 2017 with Carvajal showing that sometimes, Cristiano is as good as his colleagues are.
1. Another attack, Ronaldo looking to offload the ball in order to run towards the goal. Carvajal is way behind him with no Los Blancos players waiting on the right wing.
2. Seconds after, Dani is the right place at the right time. The defender recognised Ronaldo's idea then and was quick to receive the pass.
3. With no less than four Juventus players trying to stop the inevitable, Carvajal makes a delicious pass towards the Portuguese.
4. Boom! Ronaldo gets it and fires an amazing strike towards the far post with the keeper unable to help the Old Lady. We ended up winning that match 4-1 and lifting another European trophy.
Gotta love Carvajal, right?