Diario AS: Luka Modric and Sergio Ramos' contract negotiations underway
- Both players' contracts are going to end in 2021.
- Madrid reportedly want to give Ramos a one-year extension with Sergio intending to stay.
- The situation is a bit different when it comes to Modric.
- His future is going to depend on Luka's performance for the rest of the season.
- Zinedine Zidane's outlook on the Croatian is going to be another deciding factor.
Even though Luka and Sergio are proven veterans with many trophies under their belts, their situations are somewhat different from each other. With the Spaniard, everything is clear. Ramos is set to get a one-year extension and stay at the club.
Luka, on the other hand, might leave the Casa Blanca when his deal ends. In order to get a renewal, Modric will need to showcase his best qualities during the remainder of the 2019-20 campaign and earn Zinedine Zidane's unconditional trust again.
This season, Luka has managed to score 3 goals and made 5 assists in 17 appearances so far. Ramos, despite being a defender, has already scored 5 during his 22 caps. Clearly, the midfielder needs to step up.
Do you think Modric and Ramos deserve contract extensions?