The Japanese star is doing well at Mallorca but is he ready for the first-team challenge at Madrid? Diario AS explain the Whites' position on Kubo's future.
- Real Madrid's midfield gem Takefusa Kubo is one of Mallorca's best players this season.
- The Whites are aware of the 18-year-old's progress but reportedly don't plan to make him a first-team player next season.
- The club's priority option is to send him out on loan to a La Liga side that compete either in the Champions League or in the Europa League.
- Besides, his future will depend on whether both Luka Modric and Martin Odegaard will be in the team next season.
- Also, let's not forget that Kubo would occupy a non-EU spot (the club's quota is 3) at Real Madrid.
- His potential participation in the 2020 Olympic Games might be a boost for him as a future Los Blancos starter.
What should the club do with Kubo?
Source: Diario AS