- Barcelona have had an annual meeting among socios.
- 99% of FC Barcelona club members voted to withdraw all awards previously awarded to Francisco Franco.
- Spanish dictator ruled the country from 1939 through 1975.
- Real Madrid were the favoured team of Caudillo.
99% of FC Barcelona club members have voted to withdraw all distinctions awarded to Spanish dictator associated with fascism.
All Barca's awards to caudillo (the leader):
- Golden club insignia, 1954.
- Palau Blaugrana medal, 1974.
- 75th club anniversary medal, 1974.
The move is considered to be a 'tribute' to all those Barca club members who had to live through the difficult period of Franco's dictatorship.
Franco's was one of the cruelest regimes that oppressed people living in Catalunya and the Basque Country as the far-right dictator was pushing an idea of the homogenous Spanish state.
Moreover, Barcelona were made to remove the Catalan flag from their badge as Franco was known for favouring Real Madrid, the Royal Spanish club.