The Dutch left-back follows the steps of last season's outstanding loanee Conor Gallagher.
- Chelsea youngster Ian Maatsen has agreed to a loan move to Charlton Athletic, according to journalist Pete O'Rourke.
- The Dutch left-back is set for his first loan spell since joining the Blues back in 2018.
- The 18-year-old will follow the steps of Conor Gallagher who spent the first half of the last season at the same club.
- There is a serious difference, however, as Charlton were relegated from the Championship after Gallagher's departure and are now playing in League One.
- Maatsen has featured regularly for the U23 side in the Premier League 2 while also playing a part in the club's UEFA Youth League and FA Youth Cup campaigns.
- He made his first-team debut for Chelsea in the 7-1 rout of Grimsby Town in the EFL Cup back last year, which remains his only senior appearance to date.
Source: SportsPeteO @ Twitter
What Ian Maatsen's new deal might reveal about future of Chelsea left-backs: explained in 6 sentences
Ian Maatsen makes his cousin proud: 'I play with Willian & Alonso on FIFA and he is in the same dressing room with them!'